shared this story
from New York Daily News.
Notice of Right to Opt Out
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) gives you the right to opt out of the “sale” of your “personal information”.
The opt-out on this page applies only to “sales” of “personal information” in relation to targeted advertising. If you wish to opt out of other sales of personal information, please visit https://www.tribpub.com/ccpa/
You can exercise your choice to opt out of these sales using the OPT-OUT TOOL below.
Opting out does not mean you will stop seeing ads – they just may be less relevant to you.
In addition, you may continue to receive ads tailored to your interests, including based upon personal information not sold by us, sold by us before you opted out, or sold by sources from which you have not opted out.
Please also note:
- That this opt-out is device and/or browser based. You must opt out on each device and each browser where you want your choice to apply.
- This opt-out is also website-specific. You must opt out on each Tribune Publishing Company website where you want your choice to apply.
- Your opt-out will not be recognized if you are in private, incognito or a similar mode.
- Opt-outs may be stored via cookies. Clearing cookies will delete your opt-out, and you will need to opt out again for your choices to be effective.
- This opt-out does not apply to our mobile apps. To opt-out in the mobile app environment, please click on the Do Not Sell My Info link in the Settings menu of our mobile app.
- Tribune Publishing Company does not maintain or control this opt-out mechanism and is not responsible for its operation.
- These rights only apply to California residents, and if we reasonably determine you are not a California resident your selection may be reset.
Michael Novakhov – SharedNewsLinks℠